- 1 medium-sized onion
- 2 tablespoons rapeseed/olive oil
- 225 g mixed nuts, i.e. peanuts, walnuts, cashews
- 100g Wholemeal bread
- 300 mls Vegetable stock or water
- 1 teaspoon dried mixed herbs or one teaspoonful chopped rosemary
- I dessertspoon peanut butter
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- ½ onion (chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (crushed)
- 50g mushrooms (sliced)
- Finely chop the onion and sauté in the oil
- Blitz the nuts and bread together until quite fine and add herbs
- Slowly add the hot stock to the nut/crumb mixture and mix well- the mixture should be quite soft but not too sloppy. Finally add the peanut butter and mix well
- Place in a bread tin and bake in the oven at 180°C/ Mark 4 for 30 minutes, until golden brown.
- Sauté onion, garlic and mushroom in oil for around 5 to 7 minutes. Add chopped tomatoes and heat for around 5 minutes
To serve …..
Remove from oven and cool for 5 to 10 mins. Turn onto a plate and cut in 8 slices. Serve with veggie sauce covering half the portion. Fill plate with potatoes (baked in oven with roast) and green vegetables such as broccoli or winter salad.