Here at SCPN we wanted to give you some souper recipe ideas to try through January. We all know how important it is to eat a lot of vegetables, but did you know it prevents cancer?After much indulgence over the festive period, it is so important to get back into healthier habits.
Here are a few reasons why we want you to join us this January, for a SouperFreshStart to 2018, packing in all those vegetables and why we think eating soup is one of the easiest ways to achieve it:
- It’s quick to make and easily stored/transported, most offices have microwaves, so you’ll have a healthy, inexpensive lunch in just 2 mins.
- You can make double the recipe, prepping for a healthy lunch the next day, or freeze for later.
- Packed full of veggies, you will be well on your way to 5-a-day and preventing cancer.
- It’s cheap to make. Especially if you use frozen vegetables. Frozen veg still includes all the nutrients and goodness as fresh.
- Suitable for all dietary requirements, most of our recipes are suitable for vegans and certainly vegetarians and can be adapted.
- Soup can be as fancy or as simple as you want it to be. It is fun to experiment with flavours and adaptations, so if you see an ingredient you don’t fancy using, simply swop it out for one that you do like or just remove it all together.
Check out our recipes below and see if we can tempt you to try some of them out. We’d love to see how you get on, so be sure to tag us on Instagram and use the hashtag #SouperFreshStart